Tuesday, December 01, 2009

The evergreen constant

The car was coming back from the Anna International Airport. In those days, an ambassador was a good ask. It was a permanent shift back home. As the car was coming past Guindy, onto a flyover, opposite the Anna University head campus, there was a small flash of green to the right, and a small board shone. His mother from behind, leaned in front and told the young kid of age ten, " Idho paaru da Vignesha, idhu than IIT, idhukkaga than India vandhirkkom, idhu than un target! " Would seem lol max, but then the kid didn't understand a thing of what IIT was, but one thing was registered, he had an answer to the question people often asked him, "What do you want to be in life?" The answer was, "An IIT'ian." For his mother, if not for anyone else. The fact that he started enjoying what he was doing, a couple of years down the line, was another matter, but the seeds were sown then.

Getting into IIT, and sustaining the head there was a journey, enjoyable one, with its own share of smiles and tears, on a balanced note. School life was a fun experience. Loads of friends, hardly any rivalry, but for of course, the great GV-VV fight which screened across the screens of the entire school, housefull for two years. Even that was one underplayed effect. The number of friends made at school, were much more than the number of people I had a bad taste for, an apparent disliking for, or actually fought with. Even the receipent in the biggest fight I had, D.K (Man he was bleeding that day, and used to jump up every ten seconds, only to be hit back to the ground) was good friends once school got over, to the extent that we even spent forty five minutes chatting generally with one another in varied topics, right from how he grew taller.

Then came college. Three semesters were mixed in happy and emo content. I suddenly got more emo in my first semester, and let way to my side which I had kept concealed since the tantrums of childhood. Then life went at varied paces. 2009 was the wierdest year I ever had with respect to the amount of emotional maturity I eventually gained. This year had it all. Friend who lost trust in you, supplemented by a friend who packed you coz the first one did, friend who tried to knock sense into you inspite of knowing his attempt wasn't working, friends who kept utmost trust in you and pushed you to somewhere near where you actually had to be, friends who stood by you and only you during your times of pain and loneliness, friends who taught you how to have fun again, friends who amused you, enthused you, entertained you and what not, friends who always chipped in with a long distance hi every five six days, everybody. Above everything I gained an awesome relationship with a sister of mine, and a brother of mine. The third semester, was in many ways, an eye opening semester, for which I'll have to thank three people profusely, Shre, CJ and Glucon, without whom the plan could have gone haywire. At the end of the whole thing, the ending might not be a fairytale, but I know one thing, that I was in control for majority of the time. :)

Back to the topic, the very idea of this post was to remind ourselves of the evergreen constant, change. Change, whose very definition is paradoxical, makes us what we are. Obviously all of us change, and we hardly document changes. This blog, has been one such document, where I see how much I've changed over the years. It all started one evening in class 9, when I was totally jobless and Shru asked me to start a blog. So I started Bon Voyage, bidding myself a good journey. I realise I've come quite far today, 99 posts to be precise, and the experience has been an enjoyable one. I thank Shru, and the many others who have made this possible for me.

P.S: Watch out for the centenary post.. :P

P.S: As for the people who have been on the receiving end of my shit for the last four years, I can atleast count 4 of you, so to you'll, my heartfelt apologies. This is no idea to extend warm hands again, coz I know with majority of you it isn't possible again, just too much milk has gone spilt, but this is just a recognition of your feelings on such a public forum, and that I realise that I was to blame at times, and (Even though some blame's on you,) You Can Put The Blame On Me! :P

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i dont get it, if i am involved, the plan has to go haywire, why dint it???????????

Vikku said...

heh nice post.

Chappli said...

Nice post from THE Vikku.. :D Im honoured! :P

@CJ: Adhu than da enakkum purile. Edho haywire a pogala.. Im surprised! :)