Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jitter jatters and thought processes

It's been more than a month and a half since I blogged last, and I know, it's quite a long time to not blog for, given the frequency at which I blog. Today, being Vijayadashami, I thought I'll get back to this activity, and to blog in the following year with fervour far more than in the last few years. The last few weeks have been a journey in themselves. It's been a very difficult time for me. Something which I've not been able to digest down my system very easily. A lot of irritation has come my way, and I have tried my best, I hope, to avoid those specific paths. It's been disappointing in a lot of aspects, but there's always been a light at the end of the tunnel, as said in olden days.

One really brilliant aspect of the last few weeks has been Endhiran. Something which I, as a Rajni fan, and many others have awaited eagerly for more than 3 years, is finally out, and in great splendor. The movie had it all, mass and class, fun, attitude dialogues, and what not!

The walk in Kadal Anukkal, the heartening scene where Chitti says Vasi is his god, the evil Chitti's laughter, the stunning visuals of Arimaa Arimaa, all the songs, the heart wrenching last scene, the movie was just a blast to watch. Shankar had proved beyond doubt that his dream project of ten years was a classic indeed.

Similarly, though a very subtle point, the DOT Thalaivar kept uttering had so much style in the way it was delivered, much like Sivaji's COOL. The biggest strength of Endhiran though, was that it was a simple storyline, and very well made with fool-proof content.

Moving away from Endhiran, the semester's been a period of some disappointments. The courses atleast haven't been as complicated and painful as the previous semester. There has been this new concept of Veda classes which have come up, and that makes for a really great experience. So, at the moment it's all bitter-sweet! :)

Will blog with some proper content soon again...

No comments: