It's been quite a while since I've done a completely random post! Considering random is the exact way I'd like to make a post that is totally random. Firstly randomness, I've realized, is not quite a random thing in itself. Atleast rand in MATLAB, on a two dimensional system is not a completely random phenomena. If x is defined by rand, and y is defined so too, (x,y) is not necessarily a random graph (graph construction by some random metric again). Rather, it turns out to be some sort of clustering of points. Well, before it gets too random, we bring about a structure. The nice thing about randomness is that probability is equi-distributed in that case! It's like asking "Where is Chappli?" The answer with equal probability could be ECE Dept, Prakruthi (IISc's canteen, before you could get other ideas!), The Subway (sadly though, this is the subway inside IISc and not the subway we'd all like to be in, eating!), 18th cross, 17th cross, Amma pastries, or even Majestic!! But, when someone brings a structure to a random variable, it is extremely extremely skewed! It's like asking "What is Chappli gonna eat at Prakruthi today?"!! There is no question there, Gobi Manchurian is a certainty!!!
Well, apart from the random research it is a good deal of fun! The first day into my internship, my mom asked me about friends in Bangalore interning in places other than IISc. I start of saying, "Mallika, Sudha, Kanu" My mom stops me right there! "Enna da, don't you have any guy friends?" Truth hit me hard! Naming in insti is random too! Siddharth Sekar became Mallika after an impersonation of Mallika Sherawat. (once India's no.1 item girl before the Shielas and Munnis took over!) Well if you thought that was random enough, the numbers in the Indian batting line up seem to be a perfect example of rand(1,11)!! When I thought the randomness could not be matched, they come up with the randomness of the century! Drop Badri for Dhawan! Drop Praveen Kumar for Abhimanyu Mithun!! Random wow-ness! Well, more random is what people find when they search for their names on Google! Midhun finds a buffalo! Want something worse, I find slippers (chappli)! Also ultimate random is arguments which go on! Like Purnima, Big Show, MRB, Midhun and an estranged me indulged in today about the relevance of horoscopes, and if sons won't listen to parents who had a horoscope non-matched wedding!!
Another thing which is totally random are the songs played on the FM! Words are totally random (uniform probability of course), provided the sample space consists of all Kannada words excluding Preethi! With Preethi in there, it becomes extremely skewed again! Maybe the same thing could be said of Tamil FM channels, as long as Kadhal is removed! But, one thing is for sure, Kannada songs are far more unadulterated! Tamil songs these days have a lot of English, especially words like fantasy, ecstasy, autopsy, cerebral palsy and what not!! I prefer not to comment about the Omaha Seeya Nakka Mukka Randakka's coz maybe Kannada songs have some meaningless words too, to which for a change even the average Dig guy on the bus is oblivious!
Another random thing I've taken up is liking stuff on Facebook! First I get comments from Vasuki and Prasad asking me to stop! Then I get a mail from Balaji Solai in Germany asking me if I'm Prasad's LIKE friend! Then Sai Gautam tags me to find out why I like everything! Then Ram, and Sai Gautam set up bets with each other if I will like their comments! In the end, Shre finally asks me today why I'm liking everything on FB, after apparently breaking his head for a reason! Well, the simple reason is because liking is totally randomized, I like it, then I LIKE it! Simple! (Naa edhavadhu ponna impress panrathukku image build panna ellathaiyum like panren nu sonna mattum nambava poreenga!!)
Anyways, the randomness is going good! And hope we'll see more random fun soon! :)
P.S: I know romba kevalama irukku! Never mind! Light theesko! Sakkath Hot Maga! No the feel! :P
8 comments:
Highly random post da! Then again, I'm not sure if anything in this universe can be truly random :P
Btw nee mention panna places except your dept, everything else is a hogging joint. You're going to look like a pregnant man by the time you come back to Chennai. be careful!!
(Naa enna sonnaen :D)
Im going huge, trust me! 88 kgs now! Checkd in ISCKON temple! :P
My random meanderings on the web brought me to this post ... so I decided to pop in my rand discovery of the day. I have this neat app on my phone that picks up WiFi signals and plots their strengths. So on trip downtown I turn it on and observe maadi. The graphs are random, the names are even more so ... how on earth should I imagine someone would name their WiFi network "The Land of Omnia" or "Tikona2204". Randomness ROCKS. Totally.
And as an aside ... (I read your blog on the wrong side of occasionally) ... note that your presentiment for peppering the article with smileys has diminished ... which is strangely pleasant (Not that I resent it ;) ). Nice Post.
Zombie! Randomness \m/
As for the peppered look of my blog with smileys, yep, it early was as peppered with smileys as George Clooney's salt and peppered beard! But, I decided to go clean for a change, and hence the full shave! :P
Haha. Random post. But, why does every sentence end with an exclamation! =D
Random max no! :D As for the exclamation ending, at least there's something in the post in the post that is not all that random! :D It's definitively an exclamation!
EKS. That's all I have to say :P
Shru, it is not all that eks u kno! :P
Post a Comment