It took me quite a while to get on with blogging this year! I've had multiple moments of wanting to generally open this typing space, and start punching keys at my will. But then, my towering intellect would prevail, and the punching would happen on 30 minute constrained GRE practice essay session. Finally, after all that pain is over, I'm back to blogger, without a hint of guilt of having spent time here when I shouldn't have been here! Well, one thing I must admit, is that GRE is an exam I liked preparing for, since I learnt a lot of new words in the process. I don't know if that experience creeps in here somehow, but definitely it has been a good value addition to the vocabulary.
Life post-GRE suddenly seems very light, it is true that no chunk of my time went towards GRE preparation in any case, but since the exam has gotten done with, there is the feeling that there is a lot of time in hand. That, has always been there, in fact. But, suddenly, there has been an influx of time, for purposes such as thinking. I've been thinking about the most random stuff around, like why scars influence muscle pulls, and why Terence Tao doesn't come down to Chennai, about why MSD and Viru must be engaging in the war of words to take the media spotlight away from performances, and why insti elections are so immersed in Gult politics, and why insti politics, with its various subdivisions such as even Reddy politics is more filthy than even national politics. One thing took my fancy when I was going through the friends lists of a couple of friends of mine on Facebook. Friends, whose friendship I'd envied, were not friends on Facebook. Sounds trivial enough, but a friendship on Facebook not existing, can tell you a million more stories than a friendship on Facebook existing. I got to know that this had come to happen through a girl. It was not the first time I was encountering such a scenario, where
a friendship had taken a tong on the head thanks to a girl, but was definitely the most severe of those cases. I mean, can friendships really be that weak? Or maybe, weak is the right word, heartache does happen in such instances. But, is it strong enough a factor to distort a friendship, say harbored for over 12 years? One thing totally out of the reach of my mind is, how does a guy go behind a girl who he knows his friend already likes badly. I've never been able to answer that question, and I don't think I ever will. Maybe, love does strike without telling you and all that shit, but still, really? I mean, forget the ethics, what happened to friendship? Is getting that girl of your wishes, bigger than that friendship, that lovely bond that sustained you for so long? Maybe, I'm just a novice in these matters, but it is incomprehensible to me.
Maybe that's why I decided to base my next short film on this theme. It's something that I've thought about, and unable to come up with a satisfactory response, I've tried to gain one through the film. Oh, and because the topic of the post says so.. Welcome 2k12 :P :)
Life post-GRE suddenly seems very light, it is true that no chunk of my time went towards GRE preparation in any case, but since the exam has gotten done with, there is the feeling that there is a lot of time in hand. That, has always been there, in fact. But, suddenly, there has been an influx of time, for purposes such as thinking. I've been thinking about the most random stuff around, like why scars influence muscle pulls, and why Terence Tao doesn't come down to Chennai, about why MSD and Viru must be engaging in the war of words to take the media spotlight away from performances, and why insti elections are so immersed in Gult politics, and why insti politics, with its various subdivisions such as even Reddy politics is more filthy than even national politics. One thing took my fancy when I was going through the friends lists of a couple of friends of mine on Facebook. Friends, whose friendship I'd envied, were not friends on Facebook. Sounds trivial enough, but a friendship on Facebook not existing, can tell you a million more stories than a friendship on Facebook existing. I got to know that this had come to happen through a girl. It was not the first time I was encountering such a scenario, where
a friendship had taken a tong on the head thanks to a girl, but was definitely the most severe of those cases. I mean, can friendships really be that weak? Or maybe, weak is the right word, heartache does happen in such instances. But, is it strong enough a factor to distort a friendship, say harbored for over 12 years? One thing totally out of the reach of my mind is, how does a guy go behind a girl who he knows his friend already likes badly. I've never been able to answer that question, and I don't think I ever will. Maybe, love does strike without telling you and all that shit, but still, really? I mean, forget the ethics, what happened to friendship? Is getting that girl of your wishes, bigger than that friendship, that lovely bond that sustained you for so long? Maybe, I'm just a novice in these matters, but it is incomprehensible to me.
Maybe that's why I decided to base my next short film on this theme. It's something that I've thought about, and unable to come up with a satisfactory response, I've tried to gain one through the film. Oh, and because the topic of the post says so.. Welcome 2k12 :P :)
No comments:
Post a Comment