Monday, December 30, 2013

As another year ends

Ah, how long has it been since I last blogged? Time has been at a premium, and that is something that has defined the latter quarter of this year. As for the beginning, it was a wonderful start. With a trip to Japan, and a practically free semester, I had some of the best time of my life from January to May. I'm sure it is something that can't be replicated, and I'm eternally grateful to everyone who made it happen. There was a first publication that was accepted, but I wasn't able to travel to Istanbul because of the riots there. From what I hear, it was a great opportunity missed. The app results were a period of great uncertainty and deliberation, but I guess a problem of plenty is always a good problem to have, and thanks to the almighty, what came out of it was a story made in dreams.

If good things meet us, bad things must be on the way right behind. June to August was a terrible time, some of the worst I've been through. The only saving grace was the fact that I was at home for the last few months in a long time, and I was trying to make the most of it. Towards the end, I was all kicked about the US, and it was time for another great experience.

The final quarter of my year has been a truly unique experience. It's been something that'll go on to define my life in the years to come. The first quarter at Stanford, the friends I've made, the unique culture of the US I've been exposed to, this is something that I shall cherish for years to come. The friends I've made, we've been together for hardly 4 months, but it already feels like ages. There really wasn't a home-missing period, or a settling down period, it was more on the lines of Veni, Vidi, Vici. There was a wonderful cousin Anand and his beautiful family of Utpala, Anusha, and Mahika who more than made up for home! Special thanks here to Rakesh, Ram, Gunaa, Aparna, Amritha, Jose, Raghav and Pavithra for making the early months at Stanford so awesome already. Yay to us and the more awesome months to come! There were also dreams coming true, with a Disneyland visit finally happening, and a road trip materializing.

At the end of a life-changing year, I can look back to see so much I miss back home, so much I miss from college, but so much that the Stanford experience has already given me. There are difficult times too, and things that the heart yearns for, but then as they say, you need to let go sometimes, and if it doesn't come back, it never was yours to begin with. Let's hope everyone has a fantastic, successful year, and let 2014 be made of great dreams that come true. Wish you all a Happy New Year! :)

No comments: