I'm fairly confident no one reads this blog anymore, and that's why I'm writing up here now. Gone are the days when you wrote for everyone to read, this is fun, to write, for yourself. This one's for that one friend who's been there through thick and thin for me, for a long long time now. Thinking about him floods me with memories. Classroom chatter, some cricket banter, a lot of cinema, long walks, flaw detection, writing stories together, making movies, a lot of talking on the phone well we've done it all.
I knew him for nearly a year before I really got to getting close to him. He helped me out of a bout of narcissism. We became close over a bout of me needing help, and him being there for me. We stayed up all night studying for JEE, talking on the phone, sometimes solving problems over telephone chats, and other times simply talking to each other about stories here and there. The thing about growing up together is that you form common ideals. That's exactly what happened with us. Our problems were the same, issues conflicted, so did the likes and dislikes, there was a lot of difference of opinion, but never was there a lack thereof. He was the first person I told about me falling in love, he told me about then liking his girlfriend even before he told her. When your life is so inexplicably linked to someone else, the feeling is pure divine, the feeling of having someone, a guardian angel always beside you.
We outgrew our school uniforms, and he flew to the cold north of India, but BSNL with one hour call reminders kept us going. His summer and winter visits would be times when plans were executed. We'd go around the city we'd seen a million times already, just for the heck of it. We'd go into movie theatres and discuss the shit being doled out to us, or have awesome chaat at one of the roadside panipuri stalls. It helped that both of us used two-wheelers, a lot of traveling happened as well. We made a movie together, something we'd always wanted to do. If I liked a lot of the serious shit, he'd like a hearty laugh with his series. I'd go for the hour long episodes, while he likes 20 minute shows. We've fought a lot, with his biggest love in life, okay, sans his girlfriend, is to argue the hell out of something with me.
I felt miserable when he first left Chennai for education. I felt proud of him when he decided to take a jump from ECE to Computer Science to go ahead and do a PhD in the same. Today, he's doing really well, he's super happy in life, he's got a wonderful woman to complete him, and nothing gives me more happiness than that. As President Jed Bartlett asks in the West Wing, "Do you have a best friend, who would do anything for you, and go to any extent to protect you? He should be your Chief of Staff", I couldn't help but manage a smile. I have two really wonderful friends Prasad and Shreyas in my life, who would fit that description, but my heart goes out a little bit more to Shreyas because he would at any given instant be up for an argument, and act more as my conscience than as my friend. I haven't seen my best friend in close to 3 years now, but if there's someone I feel intimate about, it's him, no doubts there. Thanks for everything! :)
Happy new year, folks :)
I knew him for nearly a year before I really got to getting close to him. He helped me out of a bout of narcissism. We became close over a bout of me needing help, and him being there for me. We stayed up all night studying for JEE, talking on the phone, sometimes solving problems over telephone chats, and other times simply talking to each other about stories here and there. The thing about growing up together is that you form common ideals. That's exactly what happened with us. Our problems were the same, issues conflicted, so did the likes and dislikes, there was a lot of difference of opinion, but never was there a lack thereof. He was the first person I told about me falling in love, he told me about then liking his girlfriend even before he told her. When your life is so inexplicably linked to someone else, the feeling is pure divine, the feeling of having someone, a guardian angel always beside you.
We outgrew our school uniforms, and he flew to the cold north of India, but BSNL with one hour call reminders kept us going. His summer and winter visits would be times when plans were executed. We'd go around the city we'd seen a million times already, just for the heck of it. We'd go into movie theatres and discuss the shit being doled out to us, or have awesome chaat at one of the roadside panipuri stalls. It helped that both of us used two-wheelers, a lot of traveling happened as well. We made a movie together, something we'd always wanted to do. If I liked a lot of the serious shit, he'd like a hearty laugh with his series. I'd go for the hour long episodes, while he likes 20 minute shows. We've fought a lot, with his biggest love in life, okay, sans his girlfriend, is to argue the hell out of something with me.
I felt miserable when he first left Chennai for education. I felt proud of him when he decided to take a jump from ECE to Computer Science to go ahead and do a PhD in the same. Today, he's doing really well, he's super happy in life, he's got a wonderful woman to complete him, and nothing gives me more happiness than that. As President Jed Bartlett asks in the West Wing, "Do you have a best friend, who would do anything for you, and go to any extent to protect you? He should be your Chief of Staff", I couldn't help but manage a smile. I have two really wonderful friends Prasad and Shreyas in my life, who would fit that description, but my heart goes out a little bit more to Shreyas because he would at any given instant be up for an argument, and act more as my conscience than as my friend. I haven't seen my best friend in close to 3 years now, but if there's someone I feel intimate about, it's him, no doubts there. Thanks for everything! :)
Happy new year, folks :)
1 comment:
After all the articles that I have sent you how can you even consider that there is something that I won't read.
Btw you need to give me some prize for figuring out the f***ing captcha in order to prove that I am not a robot so that I can write this comment. Each new captcha was worse than the previous one.
Post a Comment