Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dance, music and more..

This is my year end post I dedicate to the best friend I make every year, and this year there is an undoubted nominee to the dedication. The name of the person is pretty obvious to many, but I'd like to put it in the way I call the person. Dummi... Adds to the list of best friends I had from Karnataka, Varun, Navneet, Shre and now Dummi.

Dummi and I met in completely coincidental fashions, right from the olympiad camps to the JEE orientation days. I guess it was inevitable that we became friends, though I don't know if it was ever written on our heads to become as good friends as we are.

But it was definitely those long walks, those vetti chats, and what not which drew me into becoming your friend. As they say, you don't need reasons to make friendships, and on a similar note, I am unable to list reasons as to why I became your friend, but as I said, it just had to happen. But today I definitely thank god for have given me such a great friend.

Life has been different in the past one year for me. The period when I came into insti, with quite a number of friends, but none I could call a dear one, and at some point of time, I got you. It started off, we had peaks, we had lows, we had koothu times, we had and are having n hajjar fights, but still, from the bottom of my heart I'd like to say, I've just loved every moment of this friendship. I've told this to you time and again, as I've told every other friend of mine, but this is more intense I guess, I will be there for you, for eternity.

I've learnt a lot from you, I've changed a lot thanks to you, and I'm happy about each and every part of it.. Life teaches you in many ways, one by information, another by experience, another by knowledge, and lastly by itself showing you the right people. You are definitely among those right people life has shown me. You've listened to all the bull crap I wanted to tell, each time I know how boring I must have been, but you've always been there not complaining. I will continue to torture you like this, I promise.. :P

Finally, thanks for being my BEST FRIEND in insti.. As I told you this afty, I might not be your best friend here, but friendship is not a medium of reciprocation, it is just a feeling left as it is.. Right? Thanks a tonne for everything.. Thank you Dummi Maxx!! :P

PS: Shre, you'll find such a good friend in your institute too. Else, Dummi will be your friend too.. :P No the feel da...

5 comments:

Vasuki said...

Thanks a tonne for such a beautiful post da! It was so touching! Hope you keep getting many more friends and keep writing a post every year like this :D

Chappli said...

Oh thanks!! :) I hope you realise its not about just getting friends, which I do at a hat's drop. It's about getting really good friends...

Chronoz said...

Dummy reminds me of two things
1) JP.Duminy
2. Dumeelkuppam

But my inscrutable logic tells me that neither of these are responsible for the nomenclature.

I dunno about myself da, lets hope what you say come true. As you rightly pointed out, making friends is quite easy... making good friends takes not just time. :)

Congrats to Dummy(??) for joining the elite club...

Oh and all hail Kannadigas. :)

Chronoz said...

Dog, why the comment moderation.

Vasuki said...

@Shreyas
Congrats to Dummy(??) for joining the elite club...
Swalpa artha maadisthira!