If there's one thing I hate in this world, as in, absolutely hate, from the bottom of my heart, the kind of stuff that makes me want to go all pump bullets into thin air, like in Tarantinoverse, that's being alone. Add in a bit of cold, okay bit is an exaggeration, add a temperature that could almost freeze water into ice, and this is killer stuff, the kind of stuff that can kill. So, it's on one such lonely night, in the dead of the night, at around 2.30 am, powered by insomnia and fresh from running code in the lab, that I decide to revive bon voyage.
It's been a while since I last wrote, I've hardly written this year. But, I tend to believe that I write more when I'm a little unhappy, so considering on those lines, this year has been fantastic. There've been friends, to spend time with, there've been lots and lots of new friends I got to make this year, an internship with Autodesk, and getting into Guibas lab helped that cause. I've tried to venture a lot into two things I love a lot - cricket and movies. Well, isn't that pretty much the love of almost all of India?
There has been a lot of cricket I've played over the last one year. I've gotten back to playing in Cricbay regularly, and outside that as well. I also watch a lot of cricket today, in a throwback to the days of the early 2000s. The pre-Set Top Box days to be precise. There's also been a lot of movie watching. A lot is an understatement. I've seen more movies this year in the large screen, than I have in all my life prior to this year. Now, that's definitely some jump, isn't it? I've wanted to shoot a short film, but never got around to doing it. That's something that will happen real soon though. It's said for screenwriters that when you fall in love, you tend to write more. The writing happened, it never got to be made though, as with the former.
I think the biggest addition this year has been in the spiritual dimension. While I've been defending a faith I hardly understood all these years, I've taken a few serious strides in the path to understanding it, and it's something I enjoy speaking about. The Indian philosophies, of non-duality, specialized duality, and duality, are a sea of vast knoweldge to dive into, and it's easy to get lost, lest we have references in these schools of thoughts to hold on to. In this expedition, I've tried to hold on to the Adi Sankara school of thought, and it's a wonderful experience to learn what it has to teach us. I shall try to write more about this sometime in the near future.
For the year that's ahead, I'm determined to play more cricket, watch more movies, make one or two short films as well, and on the side, do a lot of shape research, to get deeper into my PhD. I hope for the best for everyone. As some wayfarer said years ago, Yaadum Oore, so let's burn down walls, and strive for everyone's happiness, because Vasudhaiva kutumbakam - the world is one family.
Happy new year 2016 to everyone! :)
It's been a while since I last wrote, I've hardly written this year. But, I tend to believe that I write more when I'm a little unhappy, so considering on those lines, this year has been fantastic. There've been friends, to spend time with, there've been lots and lots of new friends I got to make this year, an internship with Autodesk, and getting into Guibas lab helped that cause. I've tried to venture a lot into two things I love a lot - cricket and movies. Well, isn't that pretty much the love of almost all of India?
There has been a lot of cricket I've played over the last one year. I've gotten back to playing in Cricbay regularly, and outside that as well. I also watch a lot of cricket today, in a throwback to the days of the early 2000s. The pre-Set Top Box days to be precise. There's also been a lot of movie watching. A lot is an understatement. I've seen more movies this year in the large screen, than I have in all my life prior to this year. Now, that's definitely some jump, isn't it? I've wanted to shoot a short film, but never got around to doing it. That's something that will happen real soon though. It's said for screenwriters that when you fall in love, you tend to write more. The writing happened, it never got to be made though, as with the former.
I think the biggest addition this year has been in the spiritual dimension. While I've been defending a faith I hardly understood all these years, I've taken a few serious strides in the path to understanding it, and it's something I enjoy speaking about. The Indian philosophies, of non-duality, specialized duality, and duality, are a sea of vast knoweldge to dive into, and it's easy to get lost, lest we have references in these schools of thoughts to hold on to. In this expedition, I've tried to hold on to the Adi Sankara school of thought, and it's a wonderful experience to learn what it has to teach us. I shall try to write more about this sometime in the near future.
For the year that's ahead, I'm determined to play more cricket, watch more movies, make one or two short films as well, and on the side, do a lot of shape research, to get deeper into my PhD. I hope for the best for everyone. As some wayfarer said years ago, Yaadum Oore, so let's burn down walls, and strive for everyone's happiness, because Vasudhaiva kutumbakam - the world is one family.
Happy new year 2016 to everyone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment