Monday, June 09, 2008

Back..

Hey folks,
I'm finally back to blogging on Bon Voyage. Last time I posted here, it was talking about my long awaited IMOTC 2007 results, in which I eventually flunked, and so did I in 2008, this time by 2 marks.
Anyway, I just wanted to dedicate this post to someone who made my last one year more special than ever. I've already blogged a lot about many other people and even K.K.Anand sir. I will be having a separate post thanking him for my entry into IIT sometime later, but first lets get back to the person of the day.
Many people have been special to me all my life, my parents, my teachers, KKA sir, Rajesh sir, and many of my friends, but this person who I am going to talk about is a friend with whom I have rediscovered myself, a friend who became a close one in an astonishingly quick period.
Yeah, I am going to talk about Shre!!
There was this guy called Shreyas from Chettinad Vidyashram who had attended KKA sir's summer classes in 2006, whose name I had heard from Nitish, but whom I hadn't seen or known. This guy suddenly came up to me on the first day of school in 11th and started sharing his grievances about a few happenings in class that year and then introduced himself to be Shreyas. There started our amazing journey.
This guy looked different from the others, a head with premature balding on the side, a unique walking style with his right hand open fully, held very close to the body. We hadn't grown very fond of each other in the beginning. He thought I was an egoistic bastard, while I thought he was a jealous fool. He saw to it that he contradicted me in whatever I did, not because I was wrong, but because I was putting too much vetti scene, and this really irritated me. This you would have noticed if you had gone through a post among my last few posts.
But I guess it was KP who got us closer. I even remember telling KP a few times in 11th that he was going intolerable, beyond the limits. That was the time when we hadn't actually formed a gang of our own. Then, when he named me next to KP among the guys he made new friends with last year, I was touched. All my assumptions about Shre had been wrong. I realized whatever he had been doing, was not to irritate me, but to do me good. Till then, I never used to consider others' suggestions while making a decision. The only persons who could force a decision upon me were my dad and KKA sir. But then, this guy turned out to be a highly mature guy with senses amazingly suited for advising people. He became the first friend whose suggestions I started paying heed to.
Shruthi's elections brought us even closer. We discussed strategies which got her victory. We masterminded her election propaganda, got Kaushik (who later became one of our best common friends) to work for her, and had her win by a mammoth margin. Even during my elections, he was one guy who stood by my side, when there was a whole group against, which included many votes I banked upon. He also saved me from the dumps when Vikku and group ditched me for the English newsletter thing. Shreyas was there, ready to take me in with open hands, even after all the problems I had created when they formed the group.
He also grew closer through the quizzes. He is my official quiz partner, and is bloody brilliant at it. His commitment to anything he does, right from his quizzing, to study and to his friendship, hats off to him!!
I don't know how we grew this close, but definitely the calls at 12, 1, 2 in the night did help. He was one guy who was as jobless, tired as me at that time of the night (till today), and would give me company all night. Ever since, we have spent a lot of time with each other. A lot of talking. A lot of inspiration I have drawn from him, he has motivated me to perform every time I was down. The kind of mood swings I have, he has spoken me out of them umpteen number of times. He has now grown into one, whose voice I need to hear every 30 minutes, or else I go restless. Someone, who I don't mind calling every now and then even from some other part of the country or even the world. You might think I've become gay, I don't mind your thinking that way, but this close he has become to me.
Thanks Shre for what all you have been to me. I really wish life goes on this way. Thanks for being my best friend and more than that, and I really really wish life gives us more time together than it actually has.
GV/Chappli.

4 comments:

Shreyas Chrono said...

Thnx da!! Quite senti, I have to admit. But brilliant for the memories... I felt all those events rushing past me.

Chappli said...

Ur welcome macha, no the feel!!

Rohit said...

Dei semma feel da :D Shre is crying on the way to Srirangam, thinking about this entry, and it seems, the train is flooded and rivers on the way are in spate :P

Chappli said...

Oh really?? There's no better compliment for a blogger than someone getting emotional about your post.. So I feel honoured!!