Friday, March 06, 2009

We can..

Life, as Obama indicated is a medium of change. Things keep changing here pretty often. Right from equations with people, to your designation to even your own self. Recalling myself a year back, and I can't quite relate to myself. The basics were quite the same, the same old math buff, a very good friend to my friends, but then, I've seen loads of changes in the last one year.
It was around July, post the vacations, that I saw the first tinge of change. I was just into IITM, and was having a miserable time, missing my friends and other loved ones. Hostel life was new to me, and it did take me a while to adapt. I slowly made new friends, but I guess, it was quite difficult to make friends of the magnitude I had made during school. The best thing in school life, was that, nobody was selfish. The friendship in school life, was genuine. But in college, everything comes with a price. It is a business deal, you do this for me, and I reciprocate. But there is nothing done, nothing, just for the sake of you. This came as quite a culture shock to me, as all my life, or atleast the two years prior to college, I had been part of a friends group, where everyone lived for the others. The one for all, all for one musketeers experience was one by itself. 

But in college, not a single friendship came without a price. If I could exclude KarthikRam and CJR, every other friendship I guess came with a price. Until I probably met Vasuki, and then Shaileshh. Life hasn't been all that bad ever since. But still the pain persists. My acads took quite a blow, slightly due to two incidents this year which very deeply hurt me, and also because I did not put in too much of work into the studying. I started regaining the passion I once had for cricket. Cricket, my first love, came back to me, and I started enjoying it to the fullest. Life slowly started becoming really happy. But , somewhere down the line, I guess, I've become emotionally less stable, and have started breaking down quite easily. That is something I have to work on, and I'm pretty sure, I will.. I thank Vasuki and Ram, for have been such supportive friends after joining insti, and I thank all other friends like CJR, Prasad, Shaileshh, Rak, Baby and all others who have been with me through everything in insti. You people might not have been around when I was miserable max, but I'm pretty sure, all of you will be there whenever I want you'll. Finally, I miss you Shre!!!
And yes, we can make the change happen!! We can!!
This is the first of my year end posts.
Shall be back soon,
Without wax,
Chappli.. :)

No comments: