Thursday, September 10, 2009

Menschen Sprachen Lander Stadte

OK, so for all those who have been at sea with the title of this post, and haven't tried googling yet, this is the name. I'm having a German quiz tomorrow, and this is the title of the first chapter in the text book. Roughly translating to People, Languages, Countries and Cities, you might be wondering what this is doing in a blog post here. But, yeah, this post is more about my keeping in touch with the world, the world around me, and of course, the people who make my world.

The intermittent period of not blogging, I have been doing a lot of thinking. It's been a lot of, and by lot, I mean lot, of solitary thinking. So, lets start with Menschen. Hmm, IITM is a sample space, with a decently uniform distribution of people, all types of people, normal, nice, happy, sweet, scheming, rude, cuppers, muggus, wierdos, everything!! It's a wierd world in here, and the friends here are your entire world, because all you do is with them. The happy part is, I've found a couple of real good friends, who I wouldn't call the epitome of virtues, but are definitely ones whose shoulders you can look for when your down. Of course, there is team Prabhakar, or the remaining LastBenchers, or Shailu, or the hajaar other friends here, but new friends are always made, and in this manner, I've made a couple of real good friends, which makes it awesome.The sad part is, I've lost a very good friend. I don't exactly know, what happened, and so it's not worth a discussion. They say, when you have a good friend, average successes taste extra sweet, but when you have lost that friend, even huge successes seem mediocre. Some pretty successful things of mine in the last few weeks have seemed very small, but that's how it is. "Tu Ne Jo Naa Kaha, Main Woh Sunta Raha", might seem very good for song lyrics, but in reality, it doesn't help much in changing mindsets even if you go to the rooftop of your hostel and scream innocence!

Next, Sprachen. Languages!! Ha, Ich lerne Deustch. And I've picked up decent gult!! IITM influence mama, can't help it! :D

Lander! Countries have been my biggest nightmare in the last week, thanks to my co-coord for Online Math, Baby. He has pulled all envelopes to rope in as many foreign participants as possible, and in the process, our papers have become quite a cakewalk for most of those junta. It's been liberal rape, and a lot of answering to their questions of ambiguity. God Bless Baby!!

Stadte!! Cities have played a major role in the last few weeks. Marriages have been decided in the family across cities. Relatives have relocated to and from a few cities in the family again. It's been that time of the year when there has been a lot of activity in the family. So, that has been the situation. It's been a busy semester, but a quite a peaceful one too. Especially coz of the reduced number of lab hours compared to last year. Hope the bling be wit u! (*Thats fr u shre!!*)

No comments: