Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Err.. Hmm.. *cough cough* *thinks*

It is not everyday that you sit to blog, having no idea whatsoever about what you are going to blog. But as I sit for blogging now, an Unchavriti team passes by home. OK, now you might ask what Unchavriti is. In the original days of the caste system's initiation, when the caste system was still pure and unbiased, brahmins, had two ways of earning their livinghood. One was by doing pujas, yagnas, fixing important dates, and stuff like those. Another was by going on Unchavritis. An Unchavriti is basically done like this. The guy concerned, goes singing praises of the lord, through hymns, bhajans, shlokas, loudly on the roads, passing by the houses of many people. People, in return to hearing the praises of the lord, thanks to this gentleman, will come and donate to him a tumbler of rice, or something of that sort to eat. Something uncooked of course. The point behind this is, some kind of Barter system, the guy on the road aids you in listening to the lord's name, in the process adding a stone to your bridge of attaining salvation and becoming one with the lord, and in return, you help him out to your possible extent, with his livelihood. Now, donating something to a guy on an Unchavriti is said to be as holy as donating something to the Lord himself. There are a few people who follow this Unchavriti system even today. The coolest part of the whole thing is, they don't accept any sort of cash, only food items. I was kind of pissed off when I sat to blog, but the Unchavriti team came along, and I rushed to push in my bowl of rice, and it gave a rejuvenated feeling. The problem is, I'm in too much of a high to blog sense in here, so please don't mind if some nonsense creeps in. :D

As far as Shaastra goes, we are coming along. The first problem set of Online Math is up on the Shaastra website, and already the kind of enthu junta are putting is very encouraging. For someone who has been digging his own grave in this semester, this comes as a welcome change. As for the SOE, we are trudging ahead, though the work is happening at a very slow rate. We are on the verge of having something working to show for Shaastra, and then the next step will be to upgrade what we have. It's been a very sorry thing to note that the SOE has brought in a lot of internal problems between the relationships among us. It is often said don't do projects with friends, it should always be people who you are not emotionally attached to, with whom you do projects. Friendships aren't as they once were, everything has taken a beating. You might not have been a major force behind anything, but as a team, you have to bear the brunt of everything.

As for being a force with me through all this, I have to thank my sister G3. For the many many good things which are going to happen to her in near future, its my promise to be with her through everything. When I felt the world had left me alone, she was one of the few who stood by me and my nonsense. I guess brothers and sisters are always like that. You never see anything big on the outside, but inside it's a totally different story, stories which might even change lives forever. Its a sense of duty, and affection, above everything else. One pair of brother and sister will very well understand what I am saying. And yea, you have my promise dude. :)

As for whatever is happening with me, I would say nothing much, nothing significant. Im still trying to exorcise the ghosts of the past, which I am sure will happen soon. You don't expect everything to happen as terrible as they panned out eventually. But if they do, you aren't left with many options, are you? So, all I have to say now is, please take part in Shaastra Online Math, and if possible take part in Shaastra as well. We plan to rock as ever, and come bigger and better than last year. A year's work has gone into the whole thing and it promises to take the world by storm as usual. Come on, join the bandwagon, and experience the tech filled ride of your life. Have fun,
Chappli..

No comments: