One day in early 2010, I couldn't find the name Heramba Kumar in my FaceBook friends list. I was shocked, because the above mentioned gentleman happens to be none other than my blood-brother, and he is the last person I would expect to be quitting Facebook for reasons like studying. On further research, I realised his name had taken a transform to the name of the post. It struck me, this wierd mantra had become the chant of almost entire country in the last one month. Aal Eej Well is definitely a contemporary mantra, one absolutely essential in today's world of twenty year old blood pressure patients and high-on-adrenaline professors. But then one peek into the world of the Three Idiots and truly, all is well! I caught up with the movie sometime in late 2009, with a few good friends, and we had a blast of a time laughing. Mootra Visarjan, Balatkar, and many other chancy one-liners, the script was just free flowing. A lot of black hair was lost over the Chetan Bhagat versus Rajkumar Hirani debate, but in spite of the movie being a total ripoff Five Point Someone, and the idea behind the heart of the movie (soul of the movie remains to be Aal Eej Well!) being Chetan Bhagat, the movie is still a masterpiece. Aamir, Madhavan and Sharman were good, Kareena was in total distaste, but yeah, Boman stole the show. Wonder how Hirani gives him these roles one after the other in succession with such accurate precision. Viru 'Virus' Sahastrabuddhe breathes an entire life into the already lively movie, and takes the movie one step ahead in dimension. Be it the uncoloured sequences of monotony in his room, while he is shown to be the step-brother of Phileas Fogg (remember Around the World in Eighty Days?), or the sequence where he races across the fellow cyclist to win in the "Race of Life", or his reaction on losing his moustache (Take this chance to say Thillu Mullu rocks.. :P) or when he stamps on Chatur's foot after the "Balatkar" incident, he simply is wonderful! Oh, by the way, did I mention C.S.Ramalingam? I mean Chatur 'Silencer' Ramalingam.. Man, this Omi guy, I don't know if it was his natural lingo, or done on purpose, but I have just one word to say, WOW! I guess everyone who can understand good Hindi should watch the movie atleast once, for the story, for the message, for the fun or something else, but just watch it!
Coming away from the movie, first three weeks in insti have been fun, new courses, new profs, slightly more boring than last sem, and seemingly the most painful sem elec junta will have to endure. But yeah, Life's like that! :)
Saarang coming up, and I know it's going to be off a tangent when compared to last year. Just hope it's fun, seems so far atleast. Waiting for the Kamal Hasan lecture, and the Shankar Ehsaan Loy concert mainly. There are many attractions this time, like the Evam play "Five Point Someone". Evam plays have always been good, and they have been Chennai's primary English drama troupe for quite a while now, and I'm looking forward to it. Only I hope it doesn't clash with SEL, as both are scheduled on Sunday. So I hope it's great fun. To me and to you too. Heaven can wait, but dinner can't, so I make a move now.
P.S: Shor me Khamoshi hai, thodi si behoshi hai.. :) Mohit Chauhan rocks..
No comments:
Post a Comment