Developments this semester have been quite encouraging. For once, life seems full, and at the same time, thoroughly enjoyable. Except for a few boring courses, everything is awesome. On the sport side, Pampa started its march at the Schroeter cricket a couple of weeks back. We beat Narmada hands out, with yours truly chipping in with a 36 at the top of the order, and backing it with a 3/11 in a maiden Schroeter bowling performance. I'm enjoying my cricket more than ever before, and getting dropped from the Insti B team (!!) doesn't make a fuckin' difference. Coz at the end of the day, it's you who should be enjoying your game. On the academic side, there is a project going on with Prof.Anil Prabhakar. It is strikingly similar to the SoE I did last year, but then the kind of work I have to do is different. So, it's hopefully going to be a learning curve. Another thing that's polished this semester, is a new found love for Physics. I've begun to realise that Physics is essentially Mathematics used to explain the working system. It is the highest order of Math Modelling. The Noether, and Boltzmann meets hardly leave me with any time on Saturdays.
But the silver lining in all this has been the various discussions I've been having in institute. More so with Prasad. The wavelength match with him has been strikingly good, and the kind of discussions are seemingly taking to the next level. The mathematical modelling of Indian philosophy which comes out when we talk is an exhilirating experience. Those small walks, to and back from Tiffanys, and the pseudo-walks to the main gate with Ram also accompanying have been real truth-seeking endeavours. Now that Shreyas is here for a small vacation, it just seems like everything is sugar coated. I'm having a great, enlightening semester, and I hope it just continues. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment