Friday, March 19, 2010

Getting used...

A cup of tea, is as hot as it can get when the milk is right from the boiling pan. As a near tea addict, I can vouch for the fact that you get used to the tea in around 5-10 minutes. And it all goes down the stomach into the intestine, Gulp! Life is very similar too.. Situations pose themselves as questions in front of you. The exam of life is an open book exam, where the answers are the key, and the more the answers you get, the more is your score. Gladly, there is no cap on the total marks you can get. The scope is just unimaginable. As days pass by, you get a sense of familiarity with the situations you are put into. Then, it is just a matter of minutes or hours to move on with the situation.

The tide of life pulls you up and down, you sway along with it, its non-uniformity surprises you at the most arbitrary of times, and this is what catches you unawares. But it is these situations which test the steel in you. Not only that, these situations also bring the best out of you, and teach you so much about the game of life. It teaches you about the various nuances involved, the various ladders to success, the various snakes that viciously pull you down from the path to that same success. At the end of the whole test, one who has taken it in the right spirit, with the willingness to learn, comes out as a more wholesome, intelligent and better man.

It’s as simple as this. One who passes out of school, is killed by the feeling of missing school for the 1st or second semesters. But then, the feeling of being in college grows on him, and school is no longer a missed commodity. True, the thoughts of school every now and then do hit him, but he doesn’t feel bad at that, rather he thinks back and smiles at those memories which made his school life special. It is only that mediating period when stuff are bittersweet and your opinions are screwed.
I talk about all this, as I have got this feeling that I’ve just gone past this stage. It’s true that you can never predict this stage, but there are times when you get this feeling that tells you that you’ve pulled yourself up. For one, I know there has been a radical change between my 4th semester and my semester a year back, my 2nd semester. Those who’ve known me over the period would vouch for that. I’ve seen a lot in the last one year, but looking at those around me tells me that I’ve learnt a lot, and that’s a very nice thing to realise. Stuff that used to be bittersweet are now memories, with a lot of happy ones at that. I have finally gotten to a situation where I am at peace at everything around me, no enemies, and a happy life. Thanks a tonne to those who provided me sweet memories in the past, and to those who continue to do that! :)
Chappli..

2 comments:

Chronoz said...

Coffee >>> Tea da.. Ultimate truth of life :)

And really hope you are peace with "everyone" and yourself too...

Chappli said...

I am not, and you know that too! It's just that I hope I were..

There have been times when I've made terrible mistakes, and there have been times when I've been wronged badly too, it's just that I wish it were all forgiven. The truth is, most people are not ready to, and hence, I get on with it! :)