When you wake up at 6, to the blazing sun, and to the smell of boiling filter coffee, immaterial of the fact that you drink coffee or not, the feeling is completely different. Getting pushed into the bathroom to have a bath before the first sip of water is drunk. When you get out, wearing a vibhuthi patta, and sitting to do SandhyaVandhanam, not solo, but along with Madhyanikam. This followed by Paati asking, "Kanna nokku Bournvita venuma da?", while you reply saying, "Paati evlo varshama solradhu, adhu Bournvita illa, Boost nu, seri oru tumbler kudungolen!"
Then Paati again saying, "Kanna echa panni saapda koodathu, thooki kudi!" The feeling is unique! :)
I miss the Kapaleeshwara temple, the huge replica constructed on the inside, the beauty of the Lord and the Ambal, the gold snake on the Lord's neck, the wonderful "Tank" outside the temple, the Rose Milk Cool Bar outside the temple, the Suriya sweets around, the Mada Streets, Ravi Book House, and how can I forget, Saravana Bhavan.
I miss the Ramakrishna Math, driving on the scooty along the lanes of Mandaiveli, Norton Street, Adam Street and all without a helmet, talking on the phone as I ride, the cricket at Kaushik's place, and the small breaks of Pesi/Sprite that intervene, the long walks along Marina Beach to tackle excessive sorrow and happiness, the small walks to Citi Centre just to have Cheese Balls and free-read a book without buying it (:P)
I miss the fights with Heru, hitting him right from the moment he wakes up, to the moment he sleeps, pulling him along to the temple everyday, scolding him for goofing up on a couple of says.
I miss the Tamil movie posters, miss the feeling of someone referring to Rajinikanth as not Rajinikanth, but Thalaiva, I miss the foolishness which accompanies Kollywood masala movies, I miss CAPTAIN TV!!! :P
I do not miss IITM, as the atmosphere is kinda recreated, but I miss PS, the feeling of liking to be around it, the feeling of oneness with the Mylapore region, I miss the scent of the city! :)
7 comments:
:) :)
Nice post. :)
I miss what PS used to be. I don't miss the PS that it is right now.
Also. GMAT preparation mandates that I mention this:
"When you wake up at 6, to the blazing sun, and to the smell of boiling filter coffee, immaterial of the fact that you drink coffee or not, the feeling is completely different."
Faulty sentence construction.
Okay bye.
Hmm... :).. You feel ? Same feel ! ..
But hope you will be later writing a post on what you will be missing once you return to Chennai .. ;)
@Arun: It is on the cards! :)
@Shru: That faulty construction was on purpose, to give it a cinematic start.. :P As for the PS thing, I've said I miss PS, the feeling of "liking to be around it", which implies I do not actually like to be around PS anymore! :D So no the feel.. :P
In a sense, it's good to live far away for sometime. Makes you understand how awesome your home is. Distance makes the heart go faster.
Sorgame Endralum...
Sorgame Endralum Namma Oora Pola Varuma, Ramarajan rocks! :D
Totally agree with Shre. Only after coming to the US did I start missing the little things about Madras or even India that I took for granted. There is no one to do anything for you here, and suddenly you're facing everything all alone. Forces you to grow up even when you don't want to, if you want to survive.
Post a Comment