Year after year, memories accumulate. The mind and the body tend to tire out at the end of the year, and the new year seems to bring in a new freshness. I mean, the freshness could come in anytime, but we as predominantly like-minded people, tend to put a date to every 'change'. The fresh date, seems to ideally come along with the fresh year. Hence, the "new-year resolutions" ,and other such issues are born out of this mindset.
Now, this is just an attempt to look back at 2010, a very mixed year for me in various ways. So, I thought I'd look at it in various different aspects of my life.
Academics: A fluctuating one this year was on the academic front. It was a year when slogging my ass off, seemed to go down the drain. My even semester was academically neither very fulfilling nor satisfying, with courses such as Power Systems Practices and EMEC Theory coming my way. It was one heck of a roadblock. To add fuel to the fire, I was hit by a sudden drop of WBCs a week before the end semesters which screwed any chance I held of making it up for the poor quizzes. The semester had to end with a 8.64. The odd one was far better, with a 9.2, but individual satisfaction in a few courses was left deserving, the above being CompArch, Solid State, and Analog Circuits. Analog Circuits, the supposedly toughest course in elec did not reach the painful heights of EMEC, but was extremely challenging and mentally stimulating too.
Gains: A full score in the Linear Algebra course, topping Control Sys endsems, Physics S
Pains: C in EMEC, B in PSP, and SSD, A in CompArch.
Life Non-Academic: A wonderful year in the aspect of friendships. I became extremely close to people I had already been close to, and those I had almost lost touch with also. I also was unfortunate to have a very good friend in some sense rebel against me, with nothing being able to be done by me. I was extremely fortunate to have a wonderful internship done at Texas Instruments India, Bangalore, where I learned so much, and also got a glimpse of how products were actually made for the industrial market. Also this year saw me handling Math Modelling at Shaastra 2010, an experience to cherish. Shaastra's Puzzle Champs finals was a watershed with us sealing victory, and I think it was one experience par excellence! The year started diving towards the negative with respect to incidents towards the end of the year, with universities rejecting my internship applications, and MITACS ditching me too. When I thought I had seen the lows of it all, I met with a major road accident, which almost had me dead, except for a second's thought of my driver of putting the hand brakes so the vehicle abruptly stopped from moving into the trailer we collided in after already crashing there. I am extremely indebted to Shre, Vasuki, Prasad, Kau, Jothi, Ram, Shailu, CJ, Baby, Rak, Vasu, KP, KK, Glucon, Srini, RK, Manda, Jaichu, Sudha, Jana, Teju, and all other good friends of mine who themselves, and in certain cases their parents too, have been extremely helpful, supportive and stayed with me, through this year of mine, across the even sem, the odd sem, the infinite treats we all went too, TII, Bangalore in summer, Nurture at Delhi, Shaastra, Saarang, the various highs, the deep lows, and finally the accident. Love you all. Hope next year, is really really awesome for you all, and for me too! Happy new year folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment