Friday, January 14, 2011

Of people and their thought processes.

I've dwelt into thinking of late as to what is that fact which makes people angry or upset amongst other issues. One is the lack of ego-boosting which occurs at times. Another is absence of a constancy nature in certain relationships from time to time. This second factor plays a huge role in determining how one's mood swings are. For instance, someone who doesn't give much of an importance to the emotional depth of relationships is hardly affected by change in surroundings or by threat to his proximity with a certain few people, whereas majority of the people in the irritated, angry, pissed off bracket fall in the complement of the above observation.

Well, one reason for such a thing to even occur is as follows. Most human relationships follow a transitivity, and do not possess symmetry. It's like I give someone the shoulder, and he returns the favor with his shoulder, it's a story of equals, and it's this kind of a relationship which is generally successful in the long-term. Most deep friendships are rooted in this, mutual-respect. When I give you the shoulder and you give me the boot, it's just a matter of time before when I get really pissed off and get the shoulder I give you to be cold! On the contrary, when I give you the shoulder and you give me your head, being the sensible and true-to-the-heart human being that I am (well, forgive me for the not-so-correct English words, I'm not preparing for the GRE as yet!!), I will be overawed by your overt loyalty, but it'll be a matter of time before which you will get pissed off with me for my lack of symmetry! Add in the factor of mistrust or for that matter ill-placed trust, and the latter two reasons are in my humble opinion, the reason for most romances breaking up, or many friendships disintegrating.

If a human being gave a minute's thought to respect another human being's feelings for what they are, there wouldn't be problems at all! But all in the world isn't rosy as we say. As I generally discuss with a very dear friend, humans are characterized by their sinusoidal behavior towards the subgroup, and linear behavior towards the super-group, thereby proving their transitivity! So, when someone aspires to get beyond the o function to the small omega function, he ends up not even reaching the theta function, and thereby screws himself up, and with it, the people involved as well! So, yeah, this is getting too philosophical, but the point I'm trying to drive home is that, symmetry in relationships is a must, for that in some sense, maintains harmony among all your relationships, makes the ones who feel, do and makes the ones who do, feel!
Happy Pongal folks! :)

No comments: