Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blogging doesn't seem to happen to regularly these days. Maybe, the nonchalance people generally have shown towards blogging has kicked in. It's been a very busy semester all right, though I've done one bit of semester-related work as yet! I've gotten back to playing cricket and that means getting tired at the end of everyday. The classes are comparatively less taxing this semester, but there are lab classes which keep me held up till the evenings. But the worst part of the day comes post-cricket. Well, unlike previous semesters, this semester seems to be one heck of a lonely one. Well, earlier, I always had a movie for company, or else someone to chat with. Now, it looks like the movies have dried up, the friends don't really tend to "waste" time chatting, and occasionally there is this sudden idea of rushing code into MATLAB, so that I can generate some results, which will help in satisfying a few people who might need them. It's started becoming a busy, but boring semester already. Weekends are the best source of fun, with infinite good food, and a brother to chat away to glory with.

Another thing that has taken the country by storm is Mission Anna. Anna Hazare, someone who branched out of nowhere, to lead India's civil society against corruption, has in some sense defined this period. The old man has successfully got the otherwise closed, creepy Congress government to open up a bit to the public. Though some of his methodologies are questionable, such as undermining democracy, and having a team of merely five generate a bill which is demanded to be sanctioned, but nevertheless, the ideas and ideals the man stands for are commendable, very commendable. The main point is that, he has successfully managed to unify the nation, to an extent which only Mahatma Gandhi and to some extent, the Congress in 1991 post Rajiv Gandhi's assassination, were able to do so. Though the creepiness exists, and people go about questioning his credentials and his ideologies, his victory can rightly be termed, to an extent the country's victory, something that has lead to nation-wide mobilization, something that has been missing in arenas other than the cricket ground for so many years now.

So much for politics and life, E2A has been working its head out to have the ARM-TI workshop be successfully conducted next weekend at IIT Madras, and a good event is being hoped for. Maybe the stint here will teach me to learn to tolerate people more, and not get pissed with them very easily, or so I hope. I don't know, but for some reason, it's been a different different feeling of uneasiness around me. I'm working my way to somehow abandon it, but it just won't go. It sucks when you have someone to tell it to, who at the end of listening says "I don't really know what to say da". Or maybe, I'm just too pissed, and I'm typing away to glory so unnecessarily. Anyways, hoping for a better and less cranky few weeks to come.. And let's hope the blogging happens more regularly too! :D

No comments: