Today I step into a new world, old memories to you I bid farewell.Today I come out of my shell, hidden pain and dismal thoughts farewell.Today a fresh hope I have felt, to you unfulfilled dreams farewell.Today I am born new you can tell, my past to you I bid farewell.
Beautiful words indeed, and so very true to me.. I've met with my primary friends gang, the LastBenchers for one last time before we all disintegrate to various parts of the world (world included, because Nitish is going to Singapore.). It started off as a fun meeting, but as it passed, it started getting heavier. You can't see your best friends go away from you so easily. All were there, except Nitish, whose grandma had an operation, which prevented him from coming. My farewell to all you guys. Do well, and rock the world!!
So, lets start with Srinath. He was an addition to the LastBenchers only at around February or March this year. Quite recent, he came in because he struck the right chord with Jothi when it came to movie wavelength. He has got the other side of him, which we don't care about. He has been a great friend to all of us, and let him continue the great work. He will be here with us, in IIT Madras, doing a 5 year dual degree course, in Engineering Design.
Then, there is Prasad. My friend of 2 years, my quiz partner, one of my confidentially trusted lieutenants, and what not!! The good news is that, we'll be doing the same course of dual degree in Electrical and Communication for 5 more years. So there is no question of missing him. He'll be there in IIT M with me, whenever I need him.
Then coming to Baby, the guy I've known for 6 years, my rival for the first 4, and good friend for the next two.. He'll be there in IIT-M too doing Chemical. No questions of missing him too. In fact, I'll be able to see him outgrow his babyish looks, which other guys will miss.
Rakesh, Chemistry thala, a guy who admitted that he initially became friends with me for the rivalry, and then outgrew it to become a true friend. I'll not miss him either, because he'll be there with Baby in the Chemical Dept of IIT M. Another guy who'll be very closeby for 4 more years.
Ranga, dubbed my 'attache', a guy who I cant trust to do anything for me. He was a gem of a person, he used to cry too often, but he has over the days, outgrown it. I'll miss him and his innocence tonnes in the days to come. A guy who made me enjoy music more than I ever did. An awesome guy, versatile, extremely talented fella... All the best with your course, wish you finally get something higher than Mech, BITS Pilani Goa.
Nitish, the guy who didn't come today. He was an enterprising character, a fun guy, a normal human being with a few shortcomings. I'll miss you too da.. All the best with the Computer Science in NTU da..
DK, my oldest friend in KKA sir's class. He has always been this extremely informative guy, extremely talented, and knowledgeable. A very nice guy to be with, an awesome friend too. As steady, as his bike, a gem of a character too. Will miss you tonnes macha.. All the best with Mechanical, BITS Pilani.
Jothi, another old friend from KKA sir's classes, a great person to be with. Not many people know the soft guy in him, as much as Kaushik and I do.. A slightly headstrong guy, but that doesn't take away anything from him. He has seen a lot in life. And he is a great son to his mom, an awesome older brother to his younger one, an exemplary student to a guru, and above all, one of the most dedicated friends I have ever seen. All the best with your EEE in IIT Rajasthan at Kanpur campus. Will miss you tonnes too..
Kaushik, my friend of 6 years now.. I've never known the difficulty of missing him because ever since I've been old enough to respect friendships, he has been with me. But, I know one thing, I'm going to find it difficult without him. The guy has a heart as huge as he himself is.. Irrespective of his kalais, he will be there for you as a friend whenever you want him. Uyarndha Manithan in deed and talk and thought. He has high ideals, though he might not seem so.. Will miss u a looot da... Have a great time at BITS Pilani Goa with E&I.
And finally, Shre, my best friend... All that I have said for everyone else, implies to him too... I don't know how eventful life would have been in the last two years without him. Another guy who has seen a lot in life, even before I saw him, we grew from being at loggerheads, to just acquantainces, to being friends, to then finally becoming soulmates.. No exxagerations intended, he is best thing that happened to me in the last one year, even better than me making it to IIT. The bad news is, he is going to pursue Mech at IIT-Roorkee, and so he will be away too. I'll miss you a huge deal da. Do really well in Roorkee, and come back as a CompSci thala...
That's about it.. My best wishes to all of you... Farewell to you, my knights... I'll miss the great fun we had together. The lunch we had at Mansukh, the lunches we had at Dhaba, the freeze zone meets, the meets at Ranga's terrace, the various kalai techniques in KKA sir's class, the koothu we adichufied in KKA sir's class, the NSEP study classes we all did together, the various FIITJEE tests we wrote together, where we took pics, kalaid 'Billa' Srinivasan and Billi, the KKA sir meetings pre and post IIT, the test paper sessions, the various games of cricket at Kaushik's place, the game of bluff at Ranga's place, and the mafia at Kaushik's and my place.. Memories etched in my heart for the rest of my life.. Will miss you guys!!
Kangal Kandadhu, Kangal Kandadhu,
Kaanal Neerai Maaridudhe.
Kanavugal Adakki Kattiya Kottai,
Kaatrum Modhida Kalaigiradhe.
Marathin adiyil malargal parthen,
vaasanai matrum paarkavillai,
Nadantha Padhaiyil tirumbi paarthen,
Kaaladi mattum theriyavillai.
Onrai, sirithu, azhutha uravin, vidukathaigal puriyavillai.
Koocham thirumbalam, Thottu nerungalam,
Nijathin Kayangal Aaradhe.
Maatram neralam, Marandhu sirikkalam,
Manadhil Peiyum mazhai adangathe.
Paditha natkal ingu pathiramaga
Nadantha naadagam mudigiradhe.
Vaazhntha vaazhkaiyai tirumbi thaan vaazha,
Natpu en manadhu negizhkiradhe.
Ada thoppulkodiyin uravai thaan en Nyabagam arindhadhu illai,
Andha Thuyaram theertha nanbargale, andha natpukku vaaname ellai.
Onrai, sirithu, azhutha uravin, vidukathaigal puriyavillai.
Thanks a lot, my dearest friends...
Luv u lots,
Ever urs,
gv/chappli...
1 comment:
Read ur post and your kavithai.I dont want to reveal to u my identity.After all reading this post i wish i was a part of your life too...u might be younger than me but beleive me da u have a great level of maturity and i definetely feel that we have several things in common.When i was going thro' your kavithai i could feel my heart strangled with chains of steel and pulled down hard by the weights of love and reality.Sometimes freindships and love last longer if the identities are not revealed.My humble request to you is that,for your excellence in education and humanities you must get out your tomb and reach greater heights.Letz do something for the soceity.C'mon give a rest to the child within you and make a way for the leader within u.At the same time keep your feet firm on the ground with your eyes scrolling thro' the skies.According to me there are 2 kinds of people,the first kind being those who act by the command of their brain,the second of the kind being those who give their heart a go,but beleive people who where succesful with masses were the second kind and i certainly think u r the second kind.I will certainly keep in touch with u.We need to discuss some really serious issues and afterall as a human we need to make our presence felt in this world in our short span of time....
Hindhusthan Zindabad!!!!!
Post a Comment