Saturday, September 20, 2008

With passage of time..

They say, with passage of time everything heals. I believe in this too. It has been quite an exhilirating experience inside IIT-M, ever since I joined the insti for my voyage of the next 5 years. Around two months old, the insti junta have been very nice to us, and it has been a very wonderful experience studying here so far. Like many people would like to comment, IIT-M is not all about studying. You have all the avenues of having fun, and has one of the world's best assessment systems too, inspite of the very little quizzes and exams they've got. Its in a league of its own, the standards they set are much above high, and this is why it is what it is today.
From a personal point of view, I have gained a lot I stood to lose due to JEE preparation in the last two years. I'm back to playing cricket professionally, for the hostel and trying for the insti also.. My biggest passion is back to get me on with my life inside insti here.. There are the hajjar quiz clubs which maintain world class standards of quizzing, keeping in lieu with the tag of Chennai being the quizzing capital of the country.. The robotics is simply mind blowing. Shaastra is round the corner and there are preparations on in full flow for it to be a grand success as in previous years. This year being IIT-M's golden jubilee celebration year, it is getting even bigger as an event, with stuff like the Golden Jubilee Conclave organised.
There are so many many nice things inside IIT, but one thing I have sorely missed is the absence of my friends.. Life is such a pain without the friends.. I have been one guy who has literally lived my friends in my last two years, and every passing moment some memory or the other of them has been cropping up to haunt me and indicate to me their absence.. I haven't made many friends here, for the simple reason that I would not like to call people friends just because I work with them, and I share a few hours everyday with them.. I would not like to call anyone friends till I actually encounter the dedication to friendship each of my old friends showed to me.. My mind does not give way to people becoming friends just by a few message exchanges, and a few chat sessions, rather, they still remain acquaintances.. Friends are those, who you will experience as part of your existing life, and they are among the relationships which will come with you forever... This is no way means I've stopped socialising or stuff like that.. I can easily claim to know more than 7/10ths of the new junta in insti by face and name, but that doesn't make me friends with them.. Someone putting jalra for me a couple of days on the trot doesn't make someone my friend.. Friendship is something which comes from within, without your knowledge, and stays even when you don't want it to...
I'm sorry if that was one boring post, but all this arose out of some frustration over an arguement with a friend, which I wanted to vent out, and which better place to do that than here.. So, here went...
I MISS YOU, MY DEAR FRIENDS..
Ever yours,
Chappli..

No comments: