I remember the days when KP and I broke up, thanks to a series of advisory and study issues. Shreyas was there for me then, right by my side, experiencing the same pain as I did, due to the same issue. He was the creature who lived my part as well in that duration of time. I guess that's what friends are, and have always been for. According to us, friendships aren't about having fun together, sharing extravagant gifts, and living life your own way. Friendships are about companionship, also living through the other's sorrow, and moulding one's life into the other. Ironically Shreyas and I got emotional about our friendship pretty late into it, once he left for Roorkee, and we felt the pangs of distance. Back to the topic, friendship is something I take pretty seriously, and my friends are testimony to that. I have taken very few bad decisions in friendships, and those were also keeping in mind the welfare of the friend, like what I did to KP.
Of late, something did happen though, which disturbed me very badly. I think I took a very bad step in the friendship, trying to be truthful, and assuming the friend was close enough to me to accept the bitter pill. But I ended up being terribly mistaken. I always keep a lot of emotion into every bond I built, more so with friendships, and when this went on to destroy my friendship, I was thunderstruck. It doesn't happen too often with me, but when it does, it makes me feel so very miserable. The problem even more so lied with the insensitivity of my other friends pertaining to this issue. When this was more of an emotional problem with me, it was more of a comedy with respect to them, which made me even more miserable. I can't blame Shre for not being too useful considering he was in Roorkee, and both of us were short of balance. In this context, Karthikram has been with me, and helped me from getting psyched out, with this issue. Of course, the long old blog is there, where I am always allowed to vent out my frustrations.
I don't know how friendship is to so many people something that changes in a second, but to me, a friendship is much more than a relationship. It is a life sans flesh, sans blood, sans body, having jus emotion and thoughts to build it up. Shreyas and I can't keep away from each other just coz we value each other so much. Trust me, when your best friend is in Roorkee, it isn't all that easy to make a call everyday and speak for a minimum of 20 minutes. When I get into a friendship, I look for a commitment, and that too in this case, I was looking for more than that as I was looking for my truest friend in insti. One thing I learnt from this was to take time with everything, and not even expect someone to reciprocate in kind to your behaviour, because it's their life that they are leading and not yours. This was a huge setback to me, and puts me miles behind in my quest of searching for my truest friend in insti, but I'm pretty sure, even if it takes time, I'll be back to normal in sometime soon.
Thanks Ram!!
Ever yours,
Without wax,
Chappli...
No comments:
Post a Comment