Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The start of something new...





As one phase ends, and other comes to a start, one is at crossroads. Evaluation is one of the most important aspects of one's life, and it is that which actually places us where we are. I had lots of positives, and negatives arising out of my previous semester.

It was definitely a memory to reckon with, a treasury of memories. A bag one could refer to, for any references, whatsoever. The bag had laughter, smiles, kalais, bunkings, friendships, sorrow, tears, and everything else one would associate with college life. I grew on to love my college, madly! IIT Madras is a once in a lifetime opportunity, the place just blows you away. I've got to know the geography of the place quite well, thanks to the hajjar walks I took in the institute, and trust me, it is definitely among the best I've seen. The hostel area might not seem very lucrative, but then, the area between Gajendra Circle and the main gate is among the most serene of places you can get in the heart of Chennai. No wonder, people in there, still refer to it as Madras, reminding you of the ancientness of the city, like the Mada streets of Mylapore.

The people in there influenced me too, as much as, if not more, as compared to the campus. I've encountered a range of people, and I don't regret a single meeting, or a single experience. It started in a high, with the Tam gang, and then branched out into the SOE gang. Though towards the end, there did come up some bitter memories, but then they are all experiences. I feel very happy with the fact that, after all the drama the second semester gave me, I don't bear a grudge towards anybody. That's a very nice feeling. Not that there aren't problems. There is one, very akin to the one I faced from Vikku in school, in here. But then, all that is an experience, and I don't regret a moment I spent trying to solve this problem. Probably my problem solving 'skills' didn't come in very handy here!

The insti walks have become an integral part of my life now. The greenery, the solitude except for the company of the companion, the cool breeze, and a sweat which you wouldn't curse, its definitely a deadly combination. It was during these days that most of my semester was made and slayed. I have had a couple of friends with me through all these experiences, fun or not, and it made all the experiences memorable, irrespective of how happy or not they panned out to be!!

As for my friends who are reading this post, here are few statements which made a few moments of our last semester memorable!!
'Chocolate sapadriya StephenRaj??'
'Karpu in tamil is black only no??' :D :D :D
'Wat the file!!'
'EPIPM!!'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dei dog.......that full phy period i was laughing right under his nose.......he saw us plainly and used thousand more basicallys out of tension, all due to stephen raj

Chappli said...

:D :D Stephen Raj rocks. I was watching Vetri Vizha a couple of days back, and man, it was sooo damn humorous, that scene especially.. :D :D Basically indeed!! :D