As another LastBencher trudges off in his train to Kanpur, and with just one more to go, we have come a complete cycle. A year in which I grew less innocent, the year's experience has been nothing short of a spectacular movie script. A good start, a steady consolidation, a pitfall, recovery, the rise to a maxima, a major fall, and decent recovery to the climax. But, I've come a complete circle. I've seen a lot of people, made some really good friends, seen a lot of pain, but the final outcome, as usual, has been coming out with a smile. For this, the default reason, is the back of the mind feeling, they are there for me. Yes, I am talking about the LastBenchers.
I've put up an entire blog about our pasts, so I don't see any point reiterating all of that. Talking about this summer, it hasn't been a summer I'd like to remember for long in certain aspects, as most readers of this blog must be knowing, but yeah, some stuff are unforgettable. If the Nurture Camp was one such memory, the SMART Day definitely was another. The LastBenchers are a bunch of guys who will even lay their lives down for KKA sir. So, organizing our SMART Day was the bare minimum we would do for him.
It all started with planning of gifts, and all that was over long before the LastBenchers actually descended upon Chennai. Ever since they did, the look was into the organizing. First, it was script writing. Shre and I sat onto it, and got the entire script ready the Saturday before SMART Day. Here, we dabbled with a Sivaji-Nagesh type Tiruvilaiyadal piece which we used to intro Jothi for his Physics ppt.
S: Combinatorics,Functions, Algebra, Algorithms!!! Wah Re.... How beautiful math is. The world is full of numbers...
Ha! And physics... What is this physics which people speak so high about? Physics, nothing but an abstract study of nature and its symmetries, which Maths has exposed so long ago. Physics, just another branch of Science which cannot exist without the power of mathematics.
V: What do you know about physics to speak like this? You are nothing but singing the ballad like an illusioned mathematican!!
S: Good joke! Say, what time is again?
V: Time for some physics action!
S: What kind of a reaction was that?
V: Newton’s Third Law!
S: Very funny! Let’s see where the clock’s hands are swivelling
V: Rotational Mechanics.
S: Its too sweaty out here. Can somebody switch on the air conditioners!
V: Second law of Thermodynamics
S: You are way too irritating..
V: Relative to you and thats relativity!
S: Aha! Oi Physicist, now answer my question
Nadappathu
V: Kinematics
S: Nirpathu
V: Friction
S: Paarpathu
V: Optics
S: Paarkathathu
V: Quantum Mechanics
S: Therindhadhu
V: Chaos Theory
S: Theriyadhadhu
V: Grand Unification Theory
S: Velichatthukku
V: Maxwell’s Equations
S: Iruttukku
V: Black Hole
S: Vizhuvathu
V: Gravitation
S: Yeruvathu
V: Astro-Physics
S: Angeye iruppadhu
V: Mass
S: Engeyum iruppathu
V: Current
S: Kanakkukku
V: Nee
S: Physicsku
V: Naan
Man, that freaked loads of people out. Then, we got onto work with practice everyday. People hardly turned up, hardly put in performances, and it was on the evening before SMART Day when we finally had a decent turn up. The SMART Video was started by KP, Jothi and me, and ended with Kaushik. It was an awesome effort from KP, I must admit. DK, and Kaushik took backstage, Baby took Vote of Thanks, Aravind and Vinod took Audio, KP took the comp, Rak, CJ, RK took Hospi, Shre took compering, Vaibhavi and Ranga took prizes, J took the stage, Jothi the ppt,while I took the directing. A team effort thoroughly, and without even one of the above, the show would have been a colossal failure. We missed Prasad, but he was away for a violin kutcheri fiddling his heart and soul out there.
The moment of crowning glory came when Sir announced in the Annual Report that no batch in the past, and none in the future, can get as personal to him as the 2006-08 batch did. It did leave a few of us in tears of joy. Sir had touched us indeed. Man, what a show, I'd never been part of a better one. A one of nostalgia, a show I'll be part of, and play a role in, for a minimum of four more years, and I hope we can take it from strength to strength.
As the LastBenchers leave to take their spots in the various IIT's and BITS' in the country, I would like to re-emphasise our unity, and sound the cry of joy, at the age-old motto of bodies apart, but souls together, being followed with utmost fervour.
Shre, KP, Kau, Jothi, Ranga, DK, Baby, Rak, Prasad - YOU GUYS JUST ROCK! KEEP ROCKING!!
As for the outstation LastBenchers, come back soon.. The machas in IITM will be waiting.. :) All the best, we are always there for one and all of you.. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment