My day was divided into two parts. Inception and post-Inception. It was a wonderful day, visit to school, to KKA sir's place, to Kapali temple, to cousin's places, to see kids, and stuff, every single thing brimmed me with a sense of fulfillment, but one thing defined my day, INCEPTION.
The huge Christopher Nolan fan that I am, I was eagerly waiting for Inception for the last two weeks. Prestige has been watched 4 times, the Dark Knight twice, Memento twice, Insomnia twice, Batman Begins once, and Inception was not checked yet.
I went into the movie expecting something huge, something drastic, and something refreshingly different. I was not disappointed, to say the least. It was a terrific movie, definitely the best I've seen with respect to concept, and the visualisation, imaginery, the mathematics, the psychology, and in some sense, the script.
There is nothing much to be said in the acting department. Everyone was a revelation, and DiCaprio had his hands full with emotion, suspense, and every other small expression except a smile to show in the movie. But the movie was definitely more a Nolan movie, than anyone else. The genius was at work through out the movie. Every single scene had something important to NOT miss, and every single incident missed out, came back to you later. The Nolan touch of getting the unexpected things at places was there, but the only thing which was slightly disheartening was as a Nolan fan you easily predicted that something unpredictable was going to happen, and rightly too.
I would not like this to be a spoiler, and hence all I'd like to say is the movie deals with dealings done in the subconscious mind, and bringing the relevance back into reality. The storyline was kickass, and the very idea behind the movie was different, too different for one other than Nolan to comprehend. When Nolan says he had made this script for ten years, you can't but agree to the fact. It is said that even DiCaprio, who has been the pivot of the story, was not able to comprehend the storyline in full when he listened to it for the first time.
In all, a must-watch. It was probably the first movie, after watching which, I was jumping for five minutes continously. The excitement would just not wear off. Terrific movie! :)
1 comment:
Sweet. You need to rearrange some elements in your blog and perhaps, write the little blurb about you in ... English? :P
Post a Comment