Three months, and it's been a very long time. Texas Instruments India has definitely taken us (meaning CJR and me), to a new high with respect to the spheres of experience and knowledge. It has been a long process, followed by a long internship. But, trust me, except for some of the travelling, major part of it has been enjoyable to the minute.
It all started sometime in January, when my Nokia hopes were all dashed by their inability to take a second year internee. So, when I set out in search of greener pastures, I realised I had this distant relative Sthanu, working in TI, Bangalore. I called him up to ask him if an intern or something of that sort was possible, and he was positive right from the beginning. I kept egging him with phone calls, but he hardly got perturbed. On the contrary, his enthusiasm levels just seemed to increase. At some point of time, he got us an internship interview. There on, it was upto us to make it. Three of us (KK,CJR and I) took the interview. It was the day after CSR had started discussing stuff like Nyquist theorem, and here we were bombarded with questions relating to Nyquist frequencies and aliasing. I worked completely in the time domain, where I was more comfortable at that point of time. KK worked completely in the frequency domain, whereas I am not sure about how CJR worked stuff out. Unfortunately, KK didn't make it. The positive side, CJR and I did!!
The next step was to relocate to Bangalore, yeah, relocate, three months isn't a small period of time. Our internship began before any of our batchmates, and is ending after all of them. TII actually wanted us to stay for longer than three months to get more of their work done, but the semester beginning had to get us wrapped up by 30 July, 2010. When we came in here, to tell we were tensed, is an understatement. Walking into one of the biggest R&D companies in the world is a totally different feeling. A walk into the campus, and the patents hung up on the wall freaked us out. But then, Clement Francis, the head of technical Facilities, and Aravind Ganesan, my mentor made sure we chilled in no time. Beyond that, it was a fairy tale. The 10.30, 3.30 breaks for HCT (If you didn't get it, it was the unofficial terminology we used for Hot Chocolate breaks :P ), and then the standard 12.30 break to lunch, where we almost always escaped to Escape Mall, situated next doors to the TII campus. There in Escape Mall, we ate in China Town that many times that the owners and the waiters in the China Town outlet, became very good friends with us!! Escape Mall also had a McD, where we kept eating French Fries every now and then. The kind of work we did was very stimulating intellectually, and though it cannot be discussed here, I can definitely say it was befitting of the company we worked in.
Another astonishing fact was the number of people from IITM in the company. Atleast as far as I know, Clement-1986,Karthik Ramasubramaniam, Jaiganesh Balakrishnan-1997,Jawaharlal-1998,Sthanu-1999,Aravind Ganesan-2000,Sriram Murali-2001,Muthusub-2008,Pankaj-2009, and of course there are many others who are here, and are IITM passouts. So, just gives a feeling of homeliness! :)
Other than the company, I would also take loads of wonderful memories back home from Bangalore, including the various chats and gossips CJR and I did when we totally jobless on certain days here, the travelling back home with Vasuki (who thankfully had an internship closeby which made it possible) , the constant messaging of Sudharshan, Prasad's mokkas, lunch with Shailu and Sritej at Escape Mall on a working Saturday, the people in the 201R bus route, the trips to loads of temples here, the two trips to Mantri Mall, the three days I had DBC at CornerHouse, the fight to watch Raavan first day show at MG Road, Subway, RadioOne and Prithvi, among many other memories.
I would take this opportunity to thank Sthanunathan Ramakrishnan, Karthik Ramasubramaniam, Aravind Ganesan, Jawaharlal Tangudu, Sunil Chomal, CJR, Vasuki, Prasad, Sudharshan, Shailu, among others for such an awesome summer at Bangalore. Thank you people, had an amazing time. :)
P.S: Last day at work, and its so awesome to blog from workplace! :P :P
4 comments:
i deserve to make the first comment :P ...... only one line though "Ti rocks,Karthik,sthanu and jawahar are thalais, china town is stud, mcd <3 and bangalore rocks :) "
Totally agree with every point there, including you deserving to make the first comment! :P
I passed out in 2009 :) But how do you know about me? I just randomly chanced upon this blog. This is Muthusubs by the way!
Yep, I din know you from insti.. But one of the guys here at TII told me that you work there, and are from IITM, and told me tht I must be knowing you coz you passed out in my first year! :D Well, I told them I didn't know you, but realised you were in the friend's list of quite a few friends of mine.. :D And I was blown away by the mokkais on your wall.. Hence, I immediately added you! :D
Post a Comment