Thursday, May 07, 2009

End of the academic year..

It has finally been reached. Another academic year draws to an end. Its been a quite remarkable one. Not done much on the academic friend, but its been a year of making a lot of new friends, getting to know loads of new people, and its been an experience of a lifetime. I just thought I could give a short brief on the kind of courses I did this semester, and with it pay a tribute to the ending semester.

Let me start of with EC101. Among the courses I did this semester, this was among the more decent ones. Department course yay! And I quite aced it.. Not much to learn, was loads of analogy and calculations. The best part came when we people did phasor diagrams, and impedence diagrams and the so.Tut classes were fun, with all of us going into high aratta mode in those classes. A course Ill remember for long time to come.

Then ME110. I did really well in both quizzes, but as fate would have it, I flopped the endsem big time. So I think Ill only put A. The classes were good. The prof was fun. Everything was tolerable except the endsems. Boring course, but manageable though.

Then comes PH102. Mindblowing syllabus, awesome reference book Griffiths, and decent slides. Pretty good question papers also. But basically the prof we had basically had no answer basically to whatever we thought basically was how the course should basically be basically taught. M.K.Jain basically rocks!!

Then is CY103. Chem has never been more boring. Organic, inorganic, whatever whatever. Stuff I don give a damn for. Stuff I hate.. Stuff which at times make me swear. And we had a sober Selvam and megaenthu Muralidaran taking the course. Nothing about the course was right, neither the profs, nor the course, nothing!!

Then is MA102. One course I was supposed to ace, started off disastrously, and then found my way back in the endsems. Ill be glad if I put an A eventually. A very good prof, it was a delight sitting in his classes. Kuls would be two mins into class before class time, and would stay for two extra minutes. A perfectionist of his own order, one prof I thought was too good. A prof I liked too much, but my friends hardly liked..

The labs and workshop were all slightly pack level. Chem lab was decent, but physics was manipulation only as usual. With workshop, all I can say is What the File!!

ED was a very nice course. We had a strict but nice prof called Veerasamy who pained me specifically a lot with redos, but was eventually a good guy. I think Id have done a decent job in ED.

With that ended my first year in college, and Im eagerly looking forward to a second one already. Hope itll come soon.

No comments: