It was the first lesson of our class 9 textbook. Life is like a pendulum. It goes to and fro in the same random motion that it kills you of boredom. There have been situations I've seen in life about such randomness uniformity. But interesting topics do come up once in a while. Something which motivated me to write a big deal was the kind of expectation a friend of mine was keeping into a friendship.
Ive always put a pinch of salt into my thoughts when I go into a friendship. A friendship is not about expectations, it is about trust. Its about some immense trust you keep on someone and it is reciprocated by trust, and again not expectations. The moment you start expecting something in a friendship, you are making the friendship impure.
A friendship is not about two people showing equal care and affection for one another, it is not about a couple of people ready to give the world for one another, it is not about me and you being eternally nice people to one another without fighting, it is about me and you being extremely nice people to one another, with a degree of closeness and at the same time, no expectations on either side.
If I expected people to show me the same closeness, the same affection, the same friendship I show them, the world must not be round. That is life. Not all those people who you consider your best friends must consider you as their best friends. If you have someone who considers you his/her best friend and vice versa, then you must be very lucky. Frankly speaking, other than Shre, I'm not the best friend of any of my other closest friends, but that doesn't make life any difficult for me. I needn't be the best friend, I needn't be the confidante, all I need is the friendship.
Another point is that a friendship without any fights is like an IPL match without sixers. No excitement. A friendship should always have fights to let the people into it know the power of the friendship. So these fights should never bog us down.
So, my final request is throw the egos away, make new friendships, rock life.. Don let your personal interests, ego clashes, and expectations hit your friendship...
No comments:
Post a Comment