Saturday, August 01, 2009

Happy Friendship Day

This is a very different post from my stable. In the way that, I am not generally the kind of believer in stuff like Valentine's day, Mother's day, or whatever. But this is one event I believe has to be celebrated. Why so?

According to me, friendship is one of those relationships, which is always under-rated. It is a relationship, which is taken for granted by many. I know people who take friendship as a Signum function, to suit their selfish needs and desires. I know people who put in a 100% into a friendship, gain nothing, but still stay in the friendship, because they feel the friendship is bigger than anything they can gain out of it.

According to me, friendship is one's under-current. I'm not sure if behind every successful man, there has to be a woman, but I'm pretty sure behind every successful person, there is an extremely supportive, encouraging friend. A friend is the person who can be your parents, your teachers, your philosopher, your guide, an all-in-one package, but still isn't taken too very seriously in either of these roles.

So, I thought this is one under-rated relationship which needs to be celebrated, and therefore I hail friendship day. There is this dialogue in a hit-Tamil movie saying, "Kaka kuruvi ku kooda kadhal varum." roughly translating to "Even crows and sparrows fall in love.", but friendship is something, unlike love, needn't happen between the same species. Even cats and dogs can become friends, and by friends, I mean unconditional friendship. I mean the kind of friendship, where you would do anything, and by that I mean anything, for your friend. Didn't Rama and Sugreeva, a man and a monkey, become friends, or Rama and Vibishana, a mortal and a rakshasa become friends? For that matter, in today's world, most people have their dogs to be their best friends.

Friendship is divine. It is beyond expression. It is something felt by your soul, and a soul reciprocates. It is something which is not temporary, once you get the feeling with somebody, it doesn't wear off until something nasty happens. It is one of those feelings, which comes from childhood until death. Everyone has their own memories of friendship, in my case, cricket, walks, badminton games, malls, dhabas, GTalk chats, night-outs, and of course, loads of fights! But trust me, without any of them, the friendship would have been incomplete.

I take this opportunity to thank all of you. Sachin, Madhu, Eshwar, Prashu, S.Varun, Varun, Navnee, KP, Jitha, Sarma, Shrids, GL, JC, Shru, Shre, Prasad, Rak, Kau, Ranga, DK, Jothi, Baby, Srinath, Sandeep, Zombie, Dummi, Shailu, Soumyashanth, Vihang, Udi, Ram, CJ, Jaichu, Sreeki, Dhev, BS, Vamsi, Srini, RK, Aravind, GD, Surya, Shuddho, Rishabh, Shyam, Manyu, Pradeep, HMB, CS, Don Shag, Utkarsh, Ani Glucon, Gargy, Sajiv, Nishant, and everyone else I've missed out for have made my life so far, so memorable and so worthwhile. You've given me an experience of a lifetime, one I'm sure is here to stay. I hope we have many more such experiences in the future.

I know this is not even near enough, but yeah, Thanks for everything! :)
Happy friendship day again..
ChApPlI

No comments: