As I was looking through my posts, I realise I hadn't mentioned the name of one person who has played a major part in my life, in any of the posts. He hasn't been the direct influence in any way, but from the behind, he has been a pillar of support.
He is the poor man's Schumacher, a guy who drives an auto with the speed of a Ferrari. He is not ideally the guy I would suggest for a smooth ride, but he is definitely the man who rises to the occasion. He is among those who you can bank upon when you are actually in need, and he would have the issue solved in a couple of minutes.
A guy with a great influence in the local streets of Mylapore, and Mandaiveli, he is my access to the lower strata of life in Chennai. I've gained many local contacts through him, and the kind of influence he has had on me has been huge to complete an understatement.
Anyone's knowledge of Chappli has to be incomplete if they haven't heard of his multitasking automan, Kapali! I first met him in class 6, and typical of Sathyaraj's Rikshamama movie, I always wanted to be in Kapali's auto, over any god level van service provided to me. He was such a cool automan, played cricket with us and all, and also told us loads of stories about how he wasted his school days cutting classes and all, and telling us how to spend our school days usefully and at the same time with maximum fun.
Kapali was among those guys who always believed in me, and my abilities. He always believed, and still does, that I have the ability in me to make it big in life! He is also among those very few people, who I can claim with all my heart, will feel genuine happiness for me, whenever something good happens to me.
The guy is a tenth graduate only, but trust me, highly intelligent. An excellent multi-tasker, you have to be Kapali to do the kind of multi-tasking he does. There is nothing you can comprehend about his activities, as long as you are sitting on the other side of the seat. Once there was this time when he used to do multiple tasks of running a water business, supplying and driving autos, and catering business at the same time. The biggest disadvantage with the man, is his haste, which in spite of keeping him in good stead in certain places, leaves him wanting with patience in many of his activities!
I still remember, he refused to talk to me for two days after my class ten board results, because I had underperformed, and it eventually took me two days of coaxing and cajoling before I could actually get him talk back to me. The kind of delight I saw on his face when he got to know I had made the cut in the JEE is unforgettable! Kapali, you rock! Stay that way!! :) And thanks for everything you've been to me.. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment