A small but sensible poem, in true TR style(courtesy GV/Chappli nBond/CJR) goes as follows,
Kaadhali enbaval Paati Sutta Vadai Pol,
Kaakai Thooki Senru Vidum,
Aanal Natpu enbadu Andha Paatiayi Pol,
Ange nindru vendru vidum...
translating to A lover is like the grandma's pancake, the crow will take her away, but friendship like that grandma, it'll stay there and eventually win!!
As an IIT'ian (as Shre pointed out, its true in every IIT), with a sex ratio of slightly below 20:1 in IITM, its not the kind of atmosphere where one would expect real sparks to fly. So, its kind of safe for parents to send their boy kids to study in an IIT. But from what I've gathered about institutes in the country, including BITS Pilani or Goa, going out with someone is a matter of fact issue. Yea, I do have friends who maintain long distance relationships and let the sparks fly when they meet, but otherwise most of the sparks are generally restricted to the campus. I must admit, even in IIT, only when people have sparks in campus, it gives a lot of fun viewing for the onlookers, and a lot of gossip too. As a feeling, I don't think many people strike the right chord about love this early in life. If someone does, then he is a cinema hero, because its only cinema that still continues glorifying college love, in spite of it being shortlived in 99.99% of the cases, and if it does outlive all that, I'd definitely like to call it true love. But that hardly works. I've known people having crushes every other day, but still claiming to be committed to someone. I've known people changing girlfriends/boyfriends like chappals, and telling me they can't believe they're actually in love again, while I clearly know its not love they're in. Love goes much beyond looks, skills and the cool quotient. These might probably be the stepping stone to the love, but for it to go on, you need something more, you actually need the affectionate and passionate kind of love. Not that I don't believe in love at first sight either, all that has happened with people, but my point is that even love at first sight doesn't work until that love is cemented by a strong relationship between the people concerned. That is where I think the friends to lovers theory works better, because its just a transition, and one fine day you find yourself beyond that epsilon, you've crossed the limit point in true mathematical fashion!! As Shah Rukh says in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, you can't really start love someone unless and until that person is your best friend(what happens eventually after that scene is something just the opposite though). This is why I believe arranged marriages work more than love marriages as its more of a friendship arrangement to begin with and in the process a deep love develops, but in love marriages, half the time, its the passionate kind of love, and not the affection one, and there is no actual love which can work there.. And yeah, I've known geeks falling in love too, so it does happen at times, but then I thing geeks take better care of the issue, as they are used to analysis of stuff, and as they analyse their subjects, probably they tend to analyse this too.. Ask the geeks youself, wat say Shre??
And after this really really out of context post, I'll be back sometime next week, after endsems.. Until then, its goodbye from me..
Ever yours,
Chappli/GV...
3 comments:
1. Enough Blogging, go and study.
2. Vadai's are called pancakes in english???? Are you sure.
3. I agree with most of what you've said (for a change :P)
4. Hmmm....I think this anti-love thingy is pretty sudden, you were'nt so antilove sometime before, or were you?
@1: Nee mudhala poi padi...
@2: God knows..
@3: Thank u..
@4: No one's anti-LOVE.. Im jus anti what people around me tend to call love. Yeah, actually no one's used that word so far, as they've said I'm goin out with someone, or I'm seeing someone. I presumed they meant love... :P
@Both Shre and Chapps:
1. Rendu perum poi padinga da.
2. Too much of the word Anti. Stop.
3. With respect to your post, I really agree with you when you say that love goes much beyond looks, skills and the cool quotient. But love at first sight is a slightly strange thing according to me. True, perhaps. But strange. Nice post :)
P.S - Just because a person says they're going out with someone doesn't mean that the two people are in love.
P.P.S - Personally I don't believe in going on random dates, but I've seen too much of this. Amrika, yes.
Post a Comment