Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh, what a time we had!!

I know it is going to be kind of different to have a year end post like this unless I type in something tomorrow. But still, I just could not resist it. So taking a cue out of Kaushik's blog post, here goes my tribute to the most wonderful holidays I ever had.

I've never experienced so much fun together as a package. I could see my friends growing with me. When Jothi came to Chennai, he brought growth not seen in him in years, and nearly swept me off my feet. He was a friend much more than earlier, and in a lot of ways, that doubled the amount of fun we had. Then came the real fun. The whole gang of the LastBenchers walked into Chennai. It was then I realized how much I missed them all the while. I uncoiled completely in their presence, and experienced the height of fun.

From the day Shre and Kau came, we were kind of together completely. The koothu at Kau's 16-yard pitch was the pick of the cake. The amount of matches we played, and with the intensity we played, it was like Indo-Pak fare, with me hurling slippers as intensely as hurling balls at Kau.. :D It was keenly contested though, with some equally decent results. The first two days Kau's team won 4-2 and 3-2 respectively and last two days my team won 3-1 and 4-1 respectively. Putting 50s like Kau did assaulta, making 40 plus scores with calculated risks like I did, Shre's and Baby's match building innings, Baby and my running between the wickets, Rak's whip of the full length delivery being his strength and weakness, DK's poor batting form again and great bowling form again, Nitish's Yuvi like turners, my yorkers on Kau,DK and Rak, Prasad's tailending, whoa what a life... We breathed cricket for quite a while.

Then another experience was that of Burger Man. My obsession!! Quite a few trips this time round. One with Prasad and Jothi, four with Shre with Kau being there twice, what burgers man!! He rocks at what he makes. The food is simply great. And great is an understatement. In addition is the trip we made to Sangeetha's in Citi Centre. The talk about losing houses, and Jothi and my hog, an experience of a lifetime indeed.

How can I forget Yaarukku Yaaro Stepnee? Sam Anderson rocks. His movies rock even more. We watched the movie, in splits, completely. The Rasathy part, the Stepnee part. Whoa, what a movie, we were in possession of the only DVD original of the movie in the city.

The trip to Shru's house was loads of fun again. With Bommalattam, and discussing American accents, huge loads of fun indeed. And me messing up with her hair while sitting for the pics, superb fun. :D

I've got a lot to say, but not got the right words for it.. I did have a few friends not actually wanting to be part of my holiday, but I didn't actually care. My LastBenchers rock, and they always will. I'll miss you'll for another four months. All the best though guys.. :)
Ever yours,
Without wax,
your Chappli...

No comments: