Monday, December 01, 2008

My name is Chappli...

I know two posts in a day is a bit too much, but this is what boredom can do to you. I definitely was not planning to write the 50th post of this blog in ultimate boredom, but I've been left with no choice. The title might sound a rip off Karan Johar's SRK-Kajol starrer 'My name is Khan', but the truth is, it is!! But the similarity ends there. Its not about any sort of leukamia patient, but is about how I got to do this blog, how it all started, and its all hunky, dory, and no sort of sad emotions here.

The voyage began sometime in March 2006, when one fine day I was reading Shruthi's blog, thanks to the link on her Yahoo! status message. I asked for blogger's home link, and I created an account, and ever since I have been blogging. It has been quite an interesting journey, including a year of not blogging at all, and I have blogged about a variety of topics, I've made blogs exclusively for my stories,  refer http://tyaorkya.blogspot.com/http://daggersrock.blogspot.com/, an autobiographical http://class12ther.blogspot.com/, and a mythological http://ramathegod.blogspot.com/. Morever here posts have been on varied issues right from terror, to a lot of friends, and a lot of movies, apart from my day to day arbit posting. I would really like to thank Blogger for this space it has provided me with. I would like to thank all my friends for have been a constant source of support and inspiration. I thank Shruthi mainly for have introduced me to blogging. I've had loads of friends supporting and reading my blogs, friends I've made over the period of time who've inspired from time to time, from Varun to Shre, from Kau to KP, from Kartik Ram to Vasuki, all the friends I've made in the various time frames have contributed in some way or other to the person I am, and it's a huge thank you to all of them.

I would like to end the post with a small story, the story of how Chappli came to be. There are many explanations, but two I vividly remember were, in class 7, I used to say Chapplimentary instead of supplementary.Another is that, I used to suck my little 6th finger often, i.e 'chupping' the finger in Tamil. So there went another reason for the name Chapplikutty. But it got shortened to Chappli over the period of time. One thing's for sure, the name credit goes to Kau, Hari and Baba.. :D 

I think this would be enough explanation for all those who needed the reason behind the name. That's it for now, and keep reading.
Without wax
Chappli/GV

1 comment:

Shruthi said...

:)

I shall link your blog in mine. Can't believe that I forgot to do it!

Happy 50th btw :)