Sunday, December 14, 2008

Rab ne bana di jodi..

It was a tough beginning. I had gotten a pathetic hat trick of A(9)'s, on my semester grade card, in subjects I was definitely expecting an S(10), i.e Maths, Computer science and Introduction to Elec Engg. It was in a dismal mood, that I walked into the M.A.Chidambaram stadium this morning at 10. The morning session was equally dismal, with Strauss and Collingwood punishing India with twin centuries. Then came the slide, where 6 wickets fell in a hurry. This was when Kevin Pietersen declared the innings. He thought he'd put every step forward right so far. But that was not to be. He realized that when Sehwag started blazing off. Sehwag played one of the memorable innings of his life, definitely, *fingers crossed* which will hopefully send India post the limits of loss and even draw tomorrow. An 83 in 68 balls doesn't actually talk about the elegance of the innings. Such a blast of an innings.  4 huge sixes towered across the various limits of the stadium, and in effect the stadium was electrified. Shouts of 'Viru, Viru' echoed across the stadium. Bottle banging was extremely large in number and I indulged too. Slowly the cheer shifted to Gautam Gambhir too. And he didn't disappoint either. The 100 for India came up in virtually no time. I have always felt the Sachin-Saurav opening partnership was the best ever. But in terms of understanding, this wins hands down. Sachin and Saurav needed time to gel together as a pair, but this was a pair which had been together ever since they played first class cricket. This was a pair god had created, Rab ne bana thi yeh jodi ko. No wonder, they rock together!!  Lots of fun, it was. And thus I didn't regret watching a test match on all five days. It was an experience of a lifetime, and the Sehwag innings was a spectacle not to be forgotten very easily. A six over third man is the best experience I've had on a cricket ground, and it was simply scintillating! Love you Viru.. 
I'll be back soon. 
Ever yours
Without wax
Vignesh/Chappli.. 

No comments: